Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Freedom

My overriding spiritual concern is freedom these days. Living abundant life today. Not getting lost in meanness and petty disputes. Growing into the woman I was created to be. Leading others down the path to Jesus.

Not just spiritual freedom...although that is foundational. Also freedom from financial worries and other people's schedules. Freedom from materialism and freedom to be generous. Freedom to provide rich educational experiences to my children and freedom to invest in the marginalized. Freedom to make love with my husband in the middle of the afternoon and freedom to read in bed next to him while he murmurs sweet words in Spanish to me and then falls heavily to sleep.

Freedom to not care what anyone thinks of me but to treat other with empathy and respect. Freedom to pray hard, to think hard and to feel deeply. Freedom to be me.

MicahGirl

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama - The Blog Directory Who links to me?