Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Freedom of anonymity

I wonder now almost why I created this blog yesterday. It was a whim. My love was working late. I was watching the World Series and needed some additional intellectual distraction to pass my evening. I read about Real Live Preacher whose blog is being published in book form, clicked over to read it, loved his site, and googled my way into my own. Now I wonder how much personal information I want to share, because part of the draw is the anonymity and the unbridled freedom that provides to speak my mind, and part of me wants to be known...but not judged.

How often can I truly speak my mind and my heart? With my husband 98% of the time. With my mom...mostly. With my accountability partner...mostly. So often I am in the role of mentor, supervisor, spiritual guide or mom. These are not roles where I feel completely free to let down my guard. My life goal is to grow into the woman I was created to be, and seek to be the same person wherever I am, but there are...considerations. Politics. Evaluation. Judgments. The need to be the safe place to hide and not the one needing a safe place to hide.

The freedom of anonymity...how about the freedom to be known?

1 Corinthians 13:12 Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama - The Blog Directory Who links to me?