Monday, November 27, 2006

Vision leaks

Back in 2004 I read an article by Andy Stanley called Vision Leaks. That phrase has stuck with me ever since, and I think my ministry team has heard it from my lips at least a dozen times.

Vision leaks.
People need to be told in as many creative ways as possible and as many times as possible what purpose they are pursuing.

This is true for a church, a ministry, a company--even a family.

I am constantly amazed at how vision leaks in my small team with pretty good weekly face-to-face communication and feedback.

Again and again I need to repeat.

And as I repeat myself I began to get it, too.

I am wondering how to transfer this to my personal life.

What is my personal vision statement that I need to hear whispered over and over in my ear, read over and over on post-it notes, and recite aloud to myself when I am lacking courage or direction?

I usually fall back on Galatians 2:20 as my life verse, especially when facing a daunting task:
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

It reminds me that the power I have is in the resurrection of my Lord. My life is not my own. Faith is the goal of my days. When I repeat to myself "who loved me and gave himself for me" it reminds me that I am His Beloved and He is mine.

But I am wondering what more God may have for me as a vision statement. What else should I be imprinting on my heart and mind that is truth?

I feel certain that I always want to be surrounded by college students. If (perhaps I should say when?)we relocate, I plan to pursue a doctorate. I will be on a campus. I will be preparing myself to teach on a campus. Because I am a Christ-follower wherever I go, I will still be a college minister, if no longer one by title.

Is this where I am to go? What is Your vision for me, Lord?

Let me be faithful to You.

Micah Girl
with a head full of questions...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama - The Blog Directory Who links to me?