Sunday, November 19, 2006

Sprained Ankle Sunday

I did something that I have never done before--I sprained my ankle. I twisted it yesterday in an oh-my-goodness-my-foot-fell-asleep-but-I'm-sure-I-can-still-walk incident. Simple. Unglamorous. Clumsy.

I walked on it all day afterwards--we were getting ready for a church Thanksgiving party, and I figured it would work itself out. After a day of housework, cooking and partying, I couldn't sleep in my bed because the covers were so heavy they hurt my ankle. So I moved down to the couch and watched infomercials and fell asleep with my foot up on a pillow. This morning it could take no weight and my hubby wrapped it in ice and took the kids to church. I rested and watched news programs, read some Sunday papers on the internet, and enjoyed the house to myself. I also mixed up some pancake batter because we were having some people over for brunch. By the time our friends arrived for lunch I was feeling pretty well and enjoyed a good time with some of our church family.

Tomorrow, I am sneaking out to a movie in the middle of the afternoon with a girlfriend. How cool is that? We are going to see Stranger Than Fiction with Will Ferrell. We have been hoping to find a time to do it, and I suddenly realized that I had a lighter than usual schedule tomorrow afternoon. So I am playing hooky.

Fortunately, a week that could have started off very badly is actually off to a promising start.

Micah Girl

6 Comments:

Blogger Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

I hope that your ankle is better! And I hope you had a great girlfriend time!

9:20 AM  
Blogger Jan said...

Ouch! Hope you heal quickly.

9:35 AM  
Blogger MicahGirl said...

Thanks both of you! It is feeling better, though I'm still limping.

My girlfriend movie date was wonderful and I highly recommend the movie!

9:37 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh my what a bad good thing to do. Hope you got a lot of empathy, support and got to rest that aching ankle. Hope it gets better.

How was the movie?
Since I moved I have lost my movie friends. Bob doesn't really care for them unless their kiddo movies.

I just want you to know how much I appreciate your blog and what you say.

I hope you have a good thanksgiving. Don't forget that at RGBP's it is ThanksgivingDelurkingWeek

10:05 AM  
Blogger MicahGirl said...

The movie--Author Intrusion--was clever and funny and very well written. It was well worth the price of a ticket!

3:38 PM  
Blogger MicahGirl said...

Ummm...the movie I just saw was called Stranger than Fiction--I don't know where I made up that other title from!

6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama - The Blog Directory Who links to me?