Saturday, October 28, 2006

1/2 hour resolutions of a recovering sluggard


Discipline is something that I have been developing in my life over the last year. It is a constant struggle for me, as I realize that being a sluggard is much easier.

Here are my resolutions:

To consistently wake up at 6:00 AM
1/2 hour of prayer and bible study
1/2 hour of working out
1/2 hour of writing
1/2 hour of deep cleaning the house

This means that by 8:00 I am either ready to start the day with my kids or get out the door for work.

This means that 1/2 hour at a time I will be on track spiritually, physically, creatively and environmentally. If it takes 30 days to make a habit, in one month I will be prayed up, toned up, up to speed with beginning a daily writer's discipline and cleaned up so that when we do put our house on the market it won't be such a hassle.

This is so simple it could actually work.

6 Go to the ant, you sluggard;
consider its ways and be wise!

7 It has no commander,
no overseer or ruler,

8 yet it stores its provisions in summer
and gathers its food at harvest.

9 How long will you lie there, you sluggard?
When will you get up from your sleep?

10 A little sleep, a little slumber,
a little folding of the hands to rest-

11 and poverty will come on you like a bandit
and scarcity like an armed man.

Proverbs 6: 6-11
Micah Girl

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, MicahGirl,
Good for you.
Hope it works.
Keep us uptodate.
We should all be like you.

2:14 PM  
Blogger MicahGirl said...

I will let you know if I am worthy of emulation or not:-)

8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama - The Blog Directory Who links to me?