Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Small town life in Kentucky?

Hubby and I had a heart-to-heart about whether or not to move. Bottom line--he has a yearning for small town life, neighborly neighbors, community connection. We have worked hard for it here, but it's just not clicking. We also long for a lower cost of living, a little bit of land, a little breathing room financially.

Latest plan--Kentucky: Bowling Green or somewhere outside of Lexington. Both have Hispanic community, universities, culture and fun family stuff to do. Both would be a culture shock, I think, coming from the Northeast. Is this the future God has for us??????

Micah Girl

2 Comments:

Blogger Tripp Hudgins said...

I come from the opposite side of things...

I come from rural VA. I long to go back...for many of the reasons your husband suggests. Urban Chicago has the neighborliness etc. That is great. The suburbs on the other hand, where my wife and I moved in June, are kicking my ass.

Pardon my profanity.

8:08 AM  
Blogger MicahGirl said...

Sorry I missed this comment...

Blogger only sporadically lets me know when I get one, so I miss them.

Suburbs to me are the worst kind of in-between existence also.

9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama - The Blog Directory Who links to me?