Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Busy-ness begins

I am involved in long meetings this week to prepare for the new collegiate ministry year. Lots of new people working in our region of the country. Lots of challenges for various ministries--people leaving, assimilating newbies, personal crises, etc.

I am starting to get out of my relaxed, Sabbath-like, hakuna matata summer routine and am beginning to return to structure. I have two settings in my life: High-Speed and Off. I need to get ready for High-Speed.

I will continue delving into the Identity Code over the next couple of weeks and blogging my answers. I have a new worker coming in that I need to orient and prepare for ministry here. I am so looking forward to getting back into the homeschool groove with my kids. This week their papi is the primary teacher because I am out of the house, but during the year I carry most of the teaching responsibilities. My husband's going to be busy, busy, busy, too with work and full time graduate studies and homeschooling whenever I am working. Although at this time of year my stomach is usually in knots, overall I feel quite peaceful. I pray that this unrushed spirit (even if my life gets rushed) will stay with me.

Last year at a conference I heard a phrase that has really stayed with me: Hurry is the enemy of holiness. I am seeking to heed this wisdom and nurture a gentle and quiet spirit, no matter what lies ahead of me. Through the power of the Holy Spirit I hope to persevere in quietness and strength.
This is what the Sovereign LORD, the Holy One of Israel, says:
"In repentance and rest is your salvation,
in quietness and trust is your strength,
but you would have none of it. Isaiah 30:15
I want some of that.

Micah Girl

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

And I hope you do get some of that.

12:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama - The Blog Directory Who links to me?