Monday, July 17, 2006

Prayers and feverish children

My four year old was burning with fever last night and coughing horribly. My husband who doesn't worry much, was clearly worried about her and clearly exhausted. I prayed over my little one and anointed her head and her feet with oil because James 4:15 was impressed upon my heart. I have done this before with my oldest one who used to get terrible fevers and also frightening febrile seizures. The preciousness of life entrusted to you is magnified when your babies are sick. Thankfully this morning she woke up fairly cheerful and more like herself, although still sick.

As I was praying over her with confidence in the name of the Lord, I also had moments of doubt, which I answered with, "I believe, Lord. Help thou my unbelief." I remembered the miracles of Jesus and his healing of Peter's mother-in-law's fever and the resurrection of Jairus' daughter. And I believed in God for healing, and prayed for him to Help my lack of belief at the same time. Of course, we also were medicating her with cough syrup and ibuprofen which also are gifts from God, for which I always give thanks. I often think of children in the developing world who don't have the simplest medications.

I was also reminded that my prayers should always be so fervent for my children--not just for their physical health but for all aspects of their lives. I believe in the power of effectual, fervent prayer, Lord Jesus. Help thou my unbelief and my complacency. Life is too precious not to bathe in prayer.

Micah Girl

1 Comments:

Blogger Gary Wood said...

Thanks for sharing your answered prayer.

10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama - The Blog Directory Who links to me?