Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Oh, Happy Day!

It is 71 degrees today. Not 90 with humidity that covers you like a wet blanket. 71! So comfortable that the fans are facing inside the house pulling in the lovely air from outdoors.

This morning I dropped off my 3 darlings at day camp and spent the morning doing a great workout and cleaning house. And I loved it! I am so affected by the weather, it's incredible. When we had weeks and weeks of rain, I thought I might just give up facing each new day. When the humidity comes I sit directly in front of the fan and wish for winter. When it's winter and the days are short, I think I must have seasonal affective disorder as well as an aversion to arctic winds because my tropical island fantasies go into overdrive (minus hurricanes, tsunamis and malaria).

I wish to enjoy the season and not complain. Today it is easy. The weather is perfect. My legs are shaved. My house is cool. Life is good.

11 See! The winter is past;
the rains are over and gone.

12 Flowers appear on the earth;
the season of singing has come,
the cooing of doves
is heard in our land.

13 The fig tree forms its early fruit;
the blossoming vines spread their fragrance.
Arise, come, my darling;
my beautiful one, come with me."

Song of Solomon 2:11-13
If only my husband were home, then my joy would be complete.

Micah Girl

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, it's time for the hubby to take a surprise day off so that he can be with you while the kids are at day camp! :)

11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama - The Blog Directory Who links to me?