Thursday, November 02, 2006

NANOWRIMO

Of making many books there is no end, and much study wearies the body. Ecclesiastes 12:12
Although I have been a terribly irregular blogger recently I am doing something to light a fire in my writer's heart. I am taking the National Novel Writers' Month challenge. This means I am supposed to write a minimum of 50,000 words during the month of November. I will NOT be posting this on this blog, but once I am finished I might consider posting the whole thing--that is unless my publisher insists otherwise. (Stop rolling on the floor and holding your sides. I could have a publisher at the end of this. Think big!)

I have risen to the NANOWRIMO challenge the last two mornings. I do not expect to meet the word challenge by the end of the month, but if I write each and day I will consider it a success.
I do have my first reader for my novel. I awoke my 7 year old daughter this morning to invite her to the computer to read my secret novel blog. The main character in the book is a nearly 10 year old girl who likes to travel, have adventures and read, so I thought my bookworm might enjoy reading about her. So far I have my first rave review, and she can hardly wait to read more. I think that will be my primary incentive for continuing to write.

Micah Girl

4 Comments:

Blogger Lydia Netzer said...

You can do it! If you're writing every day, you're practically there already. Just go faster/faster/faster. ;D Set aside a couple days in the month to do massive catching up, and you'll be so there.

8:29 AM  
Blogger MicahGirl said...

Thanks for the encouraging words!!! I think you commented about 5 minutes after I posted!

8:36 AM  
Blogger Gary Wood said...

How's the discipline going? I'm rooting for you and I admire you for trying.

10:24 AM  
Blogger MicahGirl said...

It's actually energizing--but the important thing is whether or not I sustain it!

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama - The Blog Directory Who links to me?