Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Working woman/Homebody

Yesterday was my long work day...I arrived at 8:00 AM and had meeting after meeting with my team straight without a break until about 2:00 or so. Then I went shopping for dinner for the bible study at my house, came home, cleaned, cooked and finished preparing a study on sloth. (Yesterday, I was not guilty of sloth.) It was a very emotional day, however, because of some of the issues at church and interpersonal issues with the guys on the team, and my heart was heavy. I was joyful in spite of it....partly because of the adrenaline of my Mondays, partly because ministering to my team and my students energizes me.

Today, I slept in a little. (As a door turns on its hinges, so a sluggard turns on his bed Proverbs 26:14) I may have been guilty of sloth this morning. My munchkins came to awaken me over their own interpersonal conflict. This was one that was more easily remedied than the one yesterday- it only required a little intervention and will not require extended prayer or further meetings.

The contrast between my mornings is so different. Yesterday I was dressed presentably, laptop case on my shoulder, into the car by 7:45. Grown up conversations, ministry responsibilities, busy schedule. Today I am still not dressed, have had a cup of coffee, and am discussing our high powered schedule for the day: library visit to find books on Vikings, errands, two trips to pick up stuff I got on www.freecycle.org (ballet clothes for my daughter and a new twin bed for my son!). I love my homebody days, too. We'll do homeschool lessons, read stories, and also pick up bedrooms to make room for the new furniture. I really love my life. I used to wonder about the contrasts in my life...professional minister and homeschool mom...but now I don't think about it as much and instead enjoy the fact that I can be the primary caregiver and teacher to my kids, while having other "kids" that are young adults in my ministry.

I think that the joy of finding my own way in life, the life that God created me to live, is so much more interesting than following the confines of other's expectations. (Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect. Romans 12:1,2)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama - The Blog Directory Who links to me?