Friday, April 29, 2005

Voices

Latina Liz has an outstanding article Do you hear what I hear? that you must read. She talks about how one prophetic act (such as a woman exercising her spiritual gift of teaching) gives courage to others to do the same. I have been realizing this about my own life and calling, too. Just by living out who I am with the talents that God has given me is an act that can encourage others to do the same.

Liz writes:
Every prophetic act builds on the one before it. Across the country, one by one, voices once silenced are rising up to join the chorus God created for them. Moved by the Spirit, more and more women are speaking forth the prophetic and transformative Word.

Listen! Do you hear what I hear? Women trusting their own voices as an embodiment of the Word, naming the forces which alienate and silence as well as those that encourage and release. Going from silence to voice takes courage but, as poet/artist Mary Anne Radmacher says, “Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, I will try again tomorrow.”

Women of God, try again, for there are many others in the world yearning to hear your voice.


It amazes me how blogging has been an opportunity for me to find my voice, to gain courage and even to be transformed spiritually. The blogosphere is a sounding board for me to think out loud and hear back from others on the journey. And then when facing my real world ministry my confidence is stronger, my dependence on God is deeper, and my passion for living out my own life with purpose is renewed.

Micah Girl

1 Comments:

Blogger A Heart of Worship said...

It amazes me how blogging has been an opportunity for me to find my voice, to gain courage and even to be transformed spiritually.

Amen, amen, amen! It's amazing that even technology can be used for the glory of God!

8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama - The Blog Directory Who links to me?