Tuesday, April 19, 2005

If I had a million dollars...

The classic question that life coaches ask people to help them clarify their goals is, "If money were no object, what would you do with your life?" Well, what would you do? Comment below and let me know, or post on your site and I'll link to you.

I truly wouldn't change much about my life at all. I love living in our very nice, though far from McMansion house. I love homeschooling my kids. Working with college students is my idea of a dream job. Our multicultural neighborhood suits me perfectly, and our older cars are perfectly adequate for our needs. Money would just allow us to be more generous to others, and to not sweat car repairs. I could indulge my gardening habit with lots of annuals and exotic plants, and unleash all my bibliovore tendencies by buying all the books that strike my fancy without feeling guilty. (My book addiction has been curbed to only maxing out my kids' library cards and not to maxing out any credit cards.)

We would of course travel more frequently, which would be a boon to our kids' education and satisfy my hubby's and my own wanderlust and fascination with different cultures. We would support the local arts and culture, go to the theater all the time, and pour money into the museums and nature organizations that provide so much to our city. We would support ministries, missionaries, and relief organizations. I would start businesses and buy investment property and employ some of our underemployed friends. I would adopt kids to add to my brood.

I'm actually getting exhausted just thinking about it.

Micah Girl

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would obey God and build his kingdom.

As the Lord instructs I would give money to build several ministries.
From the purchase of land to the actual building of the church itself.

Establish a ministry to serve the poor in America.

Participate in the ministries that are building homes, farms and water distributories in the African nations.

Prepare a store house for the dark days ahead. Food, Water and provisions...

Travel with my family, and provide some of their needs.

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama - The Blog Directory Who links to me?