Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Virtual Postcard from Southern California

Here we are on our extended vacation in Southern California, land of earthquakes, mudslides and oppressive heat and smog. The last time we visited in the summer it was August and unbearably hot and smoggy. This feels like a different place.

So far the postcard I am sending you this week is beautiful, full of palm trees, mountain views, perfect temperatures and good air quality. Also no earthquakes, thanks be to God. If it weren't for the outrageous real estate prices, cost of living and the San Andreas Fault, I might be persuaded to live here.

2 Comments:

Blogger wellis68 said...

I live near there awesome!

5:39 PM  
Blogger jimmy said...

I've lived in Northern California all my life and I've experienced one major earthquake amd several small shakers that you can barely feel. It seems like I'm CONSTANTLY hearing about tornadoes and hurricanes and flooding in the midwest and east coast. I'll take earthquakes any day.

The smog is only bad in Southern California, come up north a bit and you'll see that it's gorgeous most of the time, and not quite as hot.

You're right about the real estate though. The median hime price in my county just topped $700,000, our neighboring county to the south just topped $800,000.

12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama - The Blog Directory Who links to me?