Sunday, March 26, 2006

Selah is my new favorite word

Selah--the lovely mystery word from the psalms that punctuates so many of them. As I pray through the psalms these days it is one of my favorite words. Although it wasn't mysterious to the original hearers, it is to us, and for that reason it seems to be able to express that which I cannot express with my words--it expresses the work of the Spirit in my heart. Selah. (And it makes me smile.)

Some highlights for me from my bible reading today:

Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior,
who daily bears our burdens.
Selah

Our God is a God who saves;
from the Sovereign LORD comes escape from death. Psalm 68:19,20

The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life,
and he who wins souls is wise. Proverbs 11:30

2 Comments:

Blogger hip2b said...

An interesting coincidence...I met a 4 year-old girl recently named Selah. Beautiful word, name and child. Her name has been on my mind.

3:53 PM  
Blogger Selah said...

It also makes me smile to see / read that my name is someone's new favorite word.

Yeah, I agree - Selah means a lot... and yet so simple a word.

9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama - The Blog Directory Who links to me?