Monday, January 10, 2005

Free and Holy?

I want to live in freedom and in holiness. This is a high calling, and I am not sure quite how to accomplish it.

Freedom can lead to selfishness, and holiness can lead to self-righteousnes. But if freedom leads me to think only of myself, then I am no longer free--I am a slave to my own desires. If holiness leads me to think more of myself than I should then it is no longer holy--it is pride. To live in freedom and holiness without pride and selfish concern, that is the trick! Help me, Lord, to pursue the path of life, the joy of living in your presence and the celebration of pleasures that last forever.

Psalm 16: 11
You have made known to me the path of life;
you will fill me with joy in your presence,
with eternal pleasures at your right hand.

   

2 Comments:

Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

That is insightful Micahgirl.

Not by my might, nor by my power, but by His spirit.

7:06 PM  
Blogger MicahGirl said...

Thanks, Darlene.

10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama - The Blog Directory Who links to me?