Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Sleepless night

I had one of those sleepless nights last night, that I haven't had in a long time. Staring at the ceiling, worrying about mommy stuff, sorting through some hurt feelings I have about some church stuff, feeling knots in my stomach, aches in my head, and tears on my face. I got up from my cozy bed with my lovely husband and slept on the couch so that the drone of the tv could anaesthetize me into sleep.

I usually have such peace and contentment. When I suddenly don't I feel like someone yanked the carpet out from under me. And although I slept finally, my heart is still aching, and I almost don't want to pray, because floodgates are going to open within me that I can't quite explain and that will keep me from getting started on my day which is behind schedule since I slept in.

Lord, please cover me with your peace and pull me under your wing and help me to sort out the anxiety and worry and sadness that is pulling me down today. I surrender to your love and submit to your will by the power of your Holy Spirit.

I love you, Jesus

Micah Girl

5 Comments:

Blogger bobbie said...

i loathe those sleepless nights filled with anxiety. i will be praying for a peace and solid sleep and some resolution to the anxiety. deep peace on you!

10:15 AM  
Blogger MicahGirl said...

Thanks, Bobbie!

5:32 PM  
Blogger bobbie said...

will be praying tonight too!

7:36 PM  
Blogger Pink Shoes said...

Peace and sleep to you. It's always helped me to think that when I'm unable to pray, that the Spirit intercedes for me -- with those sighs too deep for words. I'll do my part to lift up prayers for you, too.

1:32 PM  
Blogger MicahGirl said...

Thanks so much! I appreciate your prayers and also love the fact that the Spirit prays on our behalf. If I had remembered that the other night I think I might have fallen asleep sooner. I am also doing so much better, thanks.

1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama - The Blog Directory Who links to me?