Monday, January 23, 2006

OYB-Psalm 19

Psalm 19
For the director of music. A psalm of David.
1 The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.

Getting up in the morning and watching the sun rise through the glass doors on my deck proclaims God's work, even as I focus my eyes and drink my coffee.

2 Day after day they pour forth speech;
night after night they display knowledge.

3 There is no speech or language
where their voice is not heard.

This same beauty is available for everyone to see. God speaks to us all in the common grace of His creation.

4 Their voice goes out into all the earth,
their words to the ends of the world.
In the heavens he has pitched a tent for the sun,

5 which is like a bridegroom coming forth from his pavilion,
like a champion rejoicing to run his course.

6 It rises at one end of the heavens
and makes its circuit to the other;
nothing is hidden from its heat.

If the sun in the sky, just by being itself, shows God's glory, then what about my life? Just by being me, do people begin to wonder at God?


Micah Girl

2 Comments:

Blogger Laura Springer said...

What always amazes me is that creation glorifies God without words, just by being itself. Makes me wonder how much we--despite our many (often very good) words--do not glorify God because we are not being who we truly are: God's people, created in his image, saved by his sacrifice. The whole thing is both sad and marvelous.

6:26 PM  
Blogger MicahGirl said...

Amen to that.

5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama - The Blog Directory Who links to me?