Saturday, January 14, 2006

Rainy morning reflections

It's a rainy morning, it's been in the 50s and it feels more like spring than January. Although, I forget what spring is really like since we so often skip it and have winter until the beginning of May and then jump right into summer. Tomorrow it goes into the 20s, so welcome back winter.

I had a great meeting with my missionaries yesterday. They are both so mature and caring and spiritual, and I am praying that they will develop a strong working relationship so that our ministry can really grow and deepen this semester. I need to pour into them so that they can pour into the students.

Today we are going to my parent's house to visit. They still live in the house that I consider the house I grew up in--from middle school on anyway. Dad's been sick with dizzy spells lately, and they are trying to figure out what it is. The kids are really looking forward to spending the day with Grandma and Grandpa, and hubby and I are going to help mom clear out some stuff that she has been decluttering.

I've been getting up before the family for the past week or so, to read through the one year bible, to blog, and to exercise. The house is so delightfully quiet and I have so much more energy during the day. The other discipline I want to add in is a focused prayer time, but somehow that eludes me. I think that it will come if I stay with the consistent disciplines that I have begun. It's not that I don't pray at all, because I talk with Jesus throughout the day, sometimes at length. It's just that when I sit down with my list of people to pray for I start to feel dry somehow. I'm thinking about trying to pray the Divine Hours or something along those lines in order to give me the structure I need to have the freedom to pray. I have always envied those who were called "prayer warriors" because they seem built for intercession in a way that I have never managed on a consistent basis.

But I also believe that as important as it is to build up this discipline of prayer in my own life, Jesus does indeed hear my prayers as I drive and work and clean and walk. And that He won't love me more if I am more disciplined, but I may put myself in a place where I can have more of Him.

Micah Girl

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama - The Blog Directory Who links to me?