Saturday, January 07, 2006

Simple devotion and integrity

I will sing of your love and justice.
I will praise you, LORD, with songs.

I will be careful to live a blameless life--
when will you come to my aid?
I will lead a life of integrity
in my own home.

Psalm 101:1-2


I have found my theme verses for 2006. I plan to memorize all of Psalm 101, but these first two verses really hit me in the solar plexus.

I realize that I do not bring God my adoration enough--often only in corporate settings, or after He has saved me from yet another disaster. I am resolved to sing of His love and justice and to praise Him with songs throughout the day. Although I do sing throughout the day, to God, myself and my kids, these are not the only songs I mean. My songs are all the work I have before me: creative work, housework, disciplining my kids, teaching my kids, praying for my students, supervising my missionaries, setting a course for ministry, folding the laundry, doing the dishes--all of these things are my songs.

I also resolve to live a blameless life, with God's help. A life characterized by devotion to Him, devotion to my husband, devotion to my children, devotion to my ministry (in that order!)

Working out of my home much of the time, teaching my children at home, keeping my home, caring for my family--much of my life is at home. And I have always felt so blessed that this is what God has called me to do. And now, I resolve, with God's help to lead a life of integrity in my own home, by His power.

Thank you, my Lord and my God.

Micah Girl

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama - The Blog Directory Who links to me?