Monday, December 26, 2005

Why I am a friend of Emergent



I consider myself a friend of Emergent...

not because I think Brian McLaren's every word is inspired and canonical, but because he makes me think and examine my faith.

not because I think that ancient-future is the next great marketing trend to draw numbers of college students, but because I think that Christian history is rich with truth and practice which has much to teach us.

not because I am a slave to relativistic postmodernity, but because I think we need to missiologically engage our culture which is postmodern, just as those before us engaged a modern culture with the gospel.

not because I agree with every theological viewpoint posted on every "emerging church" blog, but because I think that conversation grows faith, it does not diminish it.

not because I wish to compromise the gospel, which is the center of my faith and practice, but because I wish to communicate it holistically to a culture which is parched for living water.

Micah Girl

1 Comments:

Blogger Weekend Fisher said...

Thanks for the comment over on my blog. Glad you liked it.

6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama - The Blog Directory Who links to me?