Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Paradigm Shift #1: From Building Walls to Building Bridges


Notes to myself re: 10 Paradigm Shifts Toward Community Transformation

1. From Building Walls to Building Bridges

A simple, yet radical idea: Can we be in the community transforming it, or do we hole ourselves up in our "holy" community and stay out of the mess of the city or the campus? Are we willing to become agents of transformation? Are we willing to do what it takes to serve others, not expecting them to come to us? Are we willing to ask the question that Fellowship Bible Church in Little Rock, Arkansas did and ask ourselves, “What can we do that would cause people to marvel and say, ‘God is at work in a wonderful way for no one could do these things unless God were with them?’”

Would we then become a bridge building church? A bridge building college ministry? And how about as a family--how are we going to build bridges to other families, neighbors, homeschoolers and friends for the kids? In our culture walls are always safer than bridges. Are we willing to go out there?

Thoughts: As I go through these ten paradigm shifts, I might be able to use them as a basis for our weekly college worship services and/or leadership training.
Micah Girl

4 Comments:

Blogger St. Casserole said...

This is very interesting to me. I hope you keep up the series.

10:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're on target like a laser. Love this resource -- thank you.

5:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

GREAT post I love the image of building a bridge rather than a wall, it's gives a whole new slant on 1 Pet 2:5 and I love it :)

I'm with St C on this - hope you keep up this series, it's what we all need!

6:22 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

This is great. I'm looking forward to the series!

9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama - The Blog Directory Who links to me?