Thursday, January 05, 2006

Simple dependence on Jesus

"God blesses those who realize their need for him,
for the Kingdom of Heaven is given to them.
Matthew 5:3 (New Living Translation)

When using the One Year Bible Blog to study scripture, the link for scripture readings at Bible Gateway brings me to a New Living Translation. I usually read (and have for years) the NIV, so reading scripture in this translation brings it a real freshness for me. I spent a great deal of time on the Beatitudes last year by using them to shape our college worship services last semester. And yet this particular verse struck me as new this morning.

Lord Jesus, let me always realize my need for You, and thank you for the promise of the Kingdom of Heaven.

Micah Girl

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama - The Blog Directory Who links to me?