Sunday, January 15, 2006

The Divine Hours...before everyone else is awake

I awoke extremely early this morning and could not go back to sleep, so I decided to treat it as a gift and get up and enjoy some quiet time.

I spent time exploring the media center at Off the Map and watched a video, Uncommon Friends, about a friendship between a gay college student and the Christian man who decided to reach out to him.

I prayed through the Divine Hours which was such a blessing to me. I prayed the scripture out loud and it provided a beautiful foundation for my own prayers. One of my favorites was this:
The Greeting
I am small and of little account, yet I do not forget your commandments.
Psalm 119:141
It reminds me of that Breton Fishermen's Prayer.

I did my One Year Bible reading. I love that even John the Baptist struggled with doubt!

When John heard in prison what Christ was doing, he sent his disciples to ask him, "Are you the one who was to come, or should we expect someone else?"

Jesus replied, "Go back and report to John what you hear and see: The blind receive sight, the lame walk, those who have leprosy are cured, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, and the good news is preached to the poor. Blessed is the man who does not fall away on account of me." Matthew 11:2-6
Help me, Lord, to recognize You and Your work in the world and the nearness of the Kingdom of God.

And now it is still quite early and quite quiet, and I can work out before everyone rises and we get into our rush to get to church. May the Lord bless us all as we come together today to proclaim Him and to give Him our worship.

Micah Girl

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama - The Blog Directory Who links to me?