Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Contentment

"There is no safer place to be than right in the center of God's will for your life." That's something that people tell missionaries (or the parents of nervous missionaries) when they go off to minister in a dangerous place. I think it's true, and I've even said it myself to people. However, it doesn't guarantee an easy life. Suffering and sacrifice are part of life, particularly if we are following Christ.

I have a friend who is having some trouble understanding God's path for her. She is wondering, is there a bigger adventure right around the corner? Am I growing stale by ministering in just this one place? And I have been telling her there is no better place to be than the center of God's will for her.

Contentment in where God has us it a sign of maturity. Not complacency, of course, but true contentment.

I rejoice greatly in the Lord that at last you have renewed your concern for me. Indeed, you have been concerned, but you had no opportunity to show it. I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. Philippians 4:10-12

Thank you, Lord, for every single blessing in my life. Let me never take for granted the sweet and spacious place that you have placed me.

Micah Girl

1 Comments:

Blogger Gary Wood said...

Oh MicahGirl, God is truley in your writing. The verses in Philippians 4 are some of my favorite. I read where Mother Teresa once told a young man who was looking for clarity in his life that he did not need it. What most people need is trust. Trust God day by day.

9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama - The Blog Directory Who links to me?