Thursday, November 04, 2004

Job Insecurity

We had one of those long denominational meetings today where we have to discuss the fact that there is even less funding for missionaries, the strategy for ministry is radically changing to a strategy where I wonder if as a woman I would be welcome to remain in leadership (a shift away from parachurch-type model to a church planting model which requires male headship in my particular church setting.) Ever since I felt called by God to work in this place in this group of churches I have wondered...when will the other shoe drop? When does someone decide....she's a girl, therefore she cannot be in any kind of authority over a mixed group! It seems so ridiculous, and yet...

And yet I trust in Jesus and His call on my life and not on church authorities. I trust in my Creator and not my co-workers.

Have mercy, Lord!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama - The Blog Directory Who links to me?