Thursday, January 13, 2005

Train Up A Child in the Way She Should Go

Real Live Preacher has the most beautiful story about his daughter Shelby. Here's a hyperlink, thanks to Darlene, I now think I know how to do them: Real Live Preacher Anyway, RLP's daughter is a quirky individualist and instead of pushing her to conform to other people's standards, he encourages her to be who she was created to be.

It reminds me of that proverb about training up a child in the way she SHOULD go and when she is grown she will not depart from it. So often people read that to mean force your child into your ideas of who they should be. Instead (as some biblical scholars read it) it really means to find the way your child SHOULD go--her uniqueness, her special purpose and guide her that way--and as she grows she will not have to depart from it...it will be a good fit. Bless RLP and his wife for seeing the uniqueness in their beautiful girl and embracing it instead of trying to stuff her into a mold.

Micah Girl

4 Comments:

Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

Micah,

I have been to RLP before, it's amazing how many people read that blog. I will check it out today. I have attached the code you would use for this hyperlink but if I actually used the code in it's proper form, this comment box would get angry and not allow it! So if you copy and paste this code, all you have to do is replace the brackets with these kind of brackets < and viola you have a fancy hyperlink!

(A href="http://blogs.salon.com/0001772/2005/01/11.html ")Real Live Preacher(/A)

See?

Real Live PreacherBlessings,

Darlene
What Would Jesus Blog?

10:40 AM  
Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

Ok, so I goofed up and forgot to press enter before I put my "Blessings" salutation. But otherwise it would have looked pretty cool!

Darlene

10:41 AM  
Blogger MicahGirl said...

Yeah, I did it! I don't understand it, exactly, but I did it!

Thanks,

6:46 PM  
Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

Wow impressive looking link you have one your site!

6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama - The Blog Directory Who links to me?