Thursday, March 03, 2005

Fantasy afternoon @ Panera


Here I sit, wireless and caffeined-up, all by myself at Panera's. This has been my fantasy for weeks. To catch up on work, to sit without distraction and to take advantage of the free wireless connection to work on the computer. However, the conversations around me are loud and distracting. The music blaring through the speakers is just a tad too loud. And the intercom goes off every few minutes to announce sandwiches and page employees.

Where is my quiet afternoon of work? It's more relaxing at home with my kids fighting and jumping off the couch...Don't these people have anywhere else to go?

I'm not really a misanthrope, I just found out that another of my romanticized ideas is less than expected.

Ah, well.

Micah Girl

2 Comments:

Blogger ~pen~ said...

micah, i feel your pain. more than you can imagine.

what you described is exactly how i feel when i am at church - just a little *me* time - is that too much to ask for?

sign me empathetic martha2 :)

5:56 PM  
Blogger MicahGirl said...

Thankfully, my focus got better and I did get some work done after I posted, which I can't count as work:-)

6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama - The Blog Directory Who links to me?