Thursday, July 14, 2005

Jet lag & homecoming

Happy to be home, but seriously jet-lagged--and we've been on the East Coast since late Monday night. I had a dream last night that I was away for a weekend conference and as part of the seminars we were supposed to fly to Japan for a day, and I didn't have my passport and had no one who could get it to me in time for the trip. In my grogginess as I woke up at 8:45 (the earliest time this week!) I was a bit relieved that my anxiety over the passport was just a dream, although I was also looking forward to being left behind by the rest of the attendees to have some time to myself.

It's been great to be back in our house and to unpack and look at our yard and garden which have flourished thanks to the care of our various friends who watched the house for us. I have some serious weeding to do, and mulch to lay down in places where alyssum never quite flowered. The kids have been playing so happily together. Only my poor husband has been back to the normal routine of work, so his reentry to Eastern Standard Time was much more abrupt.

And only next week we go away again for a week of camping and retreat. Summer is lovely, isn't it?

Micah Girl

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama - The Blog Directory Who links to me?