Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Eternal Friendship

We were re-watching Finding Nemo as a family the other night and I laughed and laughed through it, again. Ellen Degeneres was so terrific as Dory. Toward the end of the movie when Marlin has lost all hope of finding Nemo and is about to leave Dory, too, she says the following:

DORY
No..no, you can't! Stop! Please don't go away. Please? No one's ever stuck with me for so long before. And if you leave, if you leave...I just, I remember things better with you. I do. Look, P. Sherman, 42..40..2..agh! I remember it, I do. It's there, I know it is because when I look at you, I can feel it. And I, I look at you and...I'm home. Please. I don't want them to go away. I don't wanna forget.

For some reason it really hit me and I teared up. "I look at you and I'm home." That's deep friendship. That's how I feel when I look at my husband. No matter where we live or what we do, as long as we're together that's home.

And even more lasting, no matter where I am or where I go, Jesus is with me and I am home.

Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?

If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.

If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
if I settle on the far side of the sea,

even there your hand will guide me,
your right hand will hold me fast.

Psalm 139:7-10


Being home, no matter where that is, is the best place to be.

Micah Girl

1 Comments:

Blogger bobbie said...

echo here - i love dory's depth of honesty - please don't leave - how many of us have the guts to be so open??

glad you're feeling better!

3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama - The Blog Directory Who links to me?