Saturday, January 28, 2006

Marriage and forgiveness

Reading through the One Year Bible this morning I saw a theme of marriage and forgiveness in the Matthew 18 and 19 readings which were back to back: the parable of the unforgiving servant and then Jesus' teaching on divorce.

Every time I take God's grace in my life for granted and grumble at my husband or yell at my kids, I am that unmerciful servant who has been forgiven much and shows no mercy to others. And if that becomes a pattern, it rips at the fabric of my marriage and my family, which is the kind of unforgiveness that (if unchecked) leads to divorce.

Father, let me never forget that I have been forgiven much, and because of the overflow of your incredible grace in my life, I should shower those around me with love and forgiveness.

How many times must I forgive? 7 x 7

How much have I been forgiven? x 7 x 7 x 7 x 7 x 7 x 7 ... infinity


Micah Girl

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama - The Blog Directory Who links to me?