Friday, March 03, 2006

Working out with the Self Challenge

I love the Self Challenge. I have been charting my workouts and the calories burned. It is very encouraging! One of these weeks, I will start dropping pounds, but in the meantime, I am stronger and happier.

Total workout minutes last week: 260
Cardio minutes: 205
Strength minutes: 55

Total calories burned last week: 2220

So far this week with 2 more days to go...

Total workout minutes this week: 228
Cardio minutes this week: 148
Strength minutes this week: 80

Total calories burned this week: 2293

I need to burn 3500 calories a week to lose a pound a week. I will prevail.

Micah Girl

3 Comments:

Blogger Peter said...

I sympathise very much with what you're trying to do--have a look at my Lent walking blog at walkerbyneed.blogspot.com.

That said, I was a little uneasy by what i saw on the Self-Challenge web site: I don't see a single health department endorsement anywhere, and wonder who came up with this particular regimen. Hope it's safe.

12:34 PM  
Blogger MicahGirl said...

I'm mostly just using their tracking tools to keep myself on task, and doing my own work-out stuff. It's fun to see how many calories I'm burning:-)

5:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's actually a personal trainer who came up with the workouts, and a nutritionist who did the diet plan -- says in the mag.

It's my third year starting the Challenge, hoping I actually finish this year!!!

7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama - The Blog Directory Who links to me?