Saturday, February 18, 2006

Improvisation

So much of how I spend my life has to do with facilitating:

I facilitate collegiate ministry.
I facilitate a local homeschool group.
I facilitate learning situations for my children.
I facilitate community through hospitality.
I facilitate spiritual growth.
I facilitate bible studies.
I facilitiate worship services.
I facilitate a team working environment.

I enjoy facilitating networks of people, drawing people into relationships, opening up lines of communication, creating opportunities for people to grow. I like to bring together all the elements and let them come together in an organic way.

Most of the time that I am doing these things I am improvising. It's not that I am not prepared for things, it's just that I don't feel that I have to control every detail of an event or a person's life. I think, I pray, I plan, I organize and then I let things just happen.

I even cook like that. I put together elements that I think would taste good together--olive oil, onion, cilantro--oh, let me throw in some grated carrots, saute, add some chicken, throw in some beans. Taste the broth that's forming around the chicken--needs some salt, some tomato, some broth. Thicken it with a sprinkling of oatmeal. Toss in a dash of dijon mustard. Et voila! Throw it on some basmati rice and let's call it a meal.

I feel so blessed that I am in a stage of my life where I have the incredible freedom to just be. To just be me, to work hard, to improvise and to enjoy. Life is very sweet.

Micah Girl

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama - The Blog Directory Who links to me?