Sunday, February 19, 2006

Is this the same Aaron?

I am reading through Leviticus now in the One Year Bible. Not usually a page turner. Today, however, I actually read ahead into tomorrow's reading.

I was awed by the fact that Aaron--the same Aaron who was responsible for the golden calf and the spiritual (and possibly physical) adultery of the people of God while Moses was up on Mount Sinai--this same lack-of-leadership Aaron is now being ordained as a priest and the father of the Aaronic priesthood. Now I know this was going to happen, of course, but sometimes when you read through the bible anew (and systematically) you make connections that you've never seen before. I feel like I know Aaron so much better now and he is so much more than just Moses' brother and the priest. He is a flawed sinner with major spiritual failure in his life. And he is redeemed to lead people in the worship of God.

Hallelujah.

Aaronic blessing:
May the Lord bless you and keep you.
May the Lord make his face shine upon you.
May the Lord be gracious to you and grant you his peace.
As he did to Aaron!

Micah Girl

2 Comments:

Blogger Laura Springer said...

It hit me this morning that Aaron was chosen as high priest before the sacrifices atoning for his sin. I'm awed.

9:55 PM  
Blogger Jan said...

Thanks, Micah Girl. I shared on my post tonight that I ran into an old friend that I haven't seen in awhile - one who knows part of my history that I don't care to share anymore. I struggled with where I was when we became friends as opposed to where I am now. I can't believe God still wanted me in ministry! Like Laura, I am truly awed.

10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama - The Blog Directory Who links to me?