Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Be radiant

"No one lights a lamp and then hides it or puts it under a basket. Instead, it is put on a lampstand to give light to all who enter the room. Your eye is a lamp for your body. A pure eye lets sunshine into your soul. But an evil eye shuts out the light and plunges you into darkness. Make sure that the light you think you have is not really darkness. If you are filled with light, with no dark corners, then your whole life will be radiant, as though a floodlight is shining on you." Luke 11:33-36


Those who look to him for help will be radiant with joy;
no shadow of shame will darken their faces. Psalm 34:5

2 Comments:

Blogger Weekend Fisher said...

"Will be radiant" ... Let me ponder those a minute. Both promises, not commands. So if we are filled with light our whole life will be radiant ... if we look to him for help we will be radiant with joy. So I think my take-home message from this post will be to meditate on his faithfulness and look to him for help, and I can leave the "radiant" part to him as the natural outpouring of him who fills me. Hope I'm not missing you point too badly.

8:30 AM  
Blogger MicahGirl said...

I was thinking right along those lines. The fact that the radiance is dependent upon God's work within me is both freeing and encouraging. I want to be radiant, but I can't fake it 'til I make it. I just rely on His Spirit and trust Him with results.

5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama - The Blog Directory Who links to me?