Monday, July 07, 2008

Quiet space on a forgotten blog

This blog is my quiet space this morning to think out loud. The few people who used to read it periodically have probably long forgotten me, so I think I am talking to myself. This blog started in anonymity so that no one who knew me would recognize my stream of consciousness ramblings. I told a few people I knew how to find Micah Girl and think that they were much less interested in my blah blah blah than I might have imagined. And for a little while in random spurts, I would have readers who knew me not at all comment heartily on my peronal rants.



I feel like a new person here in my new city with my new friends and my new roles. My children will go to public school in the fall, so I will no longer be a homeschooler. When I left New England I left behind my job as a collegiate minister, so my "professional Christian" identity is gone. I have been so busy around our new home (so beautiful!) painting and decorating and filling it with yard sale treasures, that I've gone to bed quite sleepy most nights, even without an additional outside job.



I still wish to pursue a PhD, but need to focus on that aspect over the next several weeks, taking the GRE, applying, etc. in order to allow that part of my new identity to find its way. Lord, help me not to get sidetracked by the daily so that I neglect my long-term goals.



I need to start writing again and with abandon. Perhaps it will take place here, or perhaps in another forum. But my writing muscles are longing for exercise, and my brain needs the clarity that comes with pouring out the whirl of thoughts that constantly buzz in my head. Whether or not it is something that someone else wants to read really doesn't matter. What does matter is that I want to get it out and while sorting through all the mental clutter, I hope that I will refine my thinking so that I can set and pursue goals more clearly.



All this to say that I think that Micah Girl has returned to writing her blog. We shall see.



Blessings,

Micah Girl

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad you're back.

1:46 AM  
Blogger MicahGirl said...

Thanks for stopping by. Hmmm....maybe I should start posting again??

7:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama - The Blog Directory Who links to me?