Friday, November 05, 2004

Schemes for independence

Whenever job insecurity gets me down, I start going into mental overdrive regarding ways to make my way in the world without working for someone else's paycheck. Real estate investment, owning a business, coming up with a million dollar idea... Of course the only capital that I have right now is my brains and my experience...no money and not too much extra time. And yet there must be something out there for me. I am yearning for the freedom from debt, from financial worries, from sweating my paycheck when there are cutbacks. Help me, Lord, never to trust in my riches or to doubt in your provision for me, no matter what happens.

Proverbs 30
8 Keep falsehood and lies far from me;
give me neither poverty nor riches,
but give me only my daily bread.
9 Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you
and say, 'Who is the LORD ?'
Or I may become poor and steal,
and so dishonor the name of my God.

MicahGirl

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama - The Blog Directory Who links to me?