Wednesday, October 26, 2005

St. Ignatius gets it right

This is the way to prepare to face the day...with St. Ignatius' preparatory prayer.

Lord, I so wish to prepare well for this time.
I so want to make all of me ready and attentive and available to you.
Please help me to clarify and purify my intentions.
I have so many contradictory desires.
I get preoccupied with things that don't really matter or last.
I know that if I give you my heart,
whatever I do will follow my new heart.

In all that I am today, all that I try to do,
all my encounters, reflections - even the frustrations and failings
and especially in this time of prayer,
in all of this may I place my life in your hands.
Lord, I am yours. Make of me what you will.
Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama - The Blog Directory Who links to me?