Monday, February 06, 2006

Blogging interrupted...

Life is interrupting my blogging, rather than blogging interrupting my life. This is a good thing.

I have been helping out a good friend who had to travel for a death in the family and then had a serious car accident while away. She is okay, thanks be to God, but it reminded me how precarious our life is. We took her three kids to church with us yesterday so that she could rest and her sweet husband could take care of her and relax a little, too. During the service I had her three year old on one knee and my three year old on the other. As we were praying and singing and worshipping I was overcome with gratitude that her little angel on my lap was not grieving the loss of her mom, and was just lonely for her. I have been feeling a little sorry for myself lately, about how I don't have close friends or family right nearby, and then this happened and I was reminded that I do indeed have good friends right in my little local church and that by loving her and her kids as I would have her love me and mine, I have a good friend. And the Lord was merciful and did not take her from her family or from me suddenly.

Micah Girl

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise God! I loved the picture of the 2 three year olds and yes rejoice with you that you have friends right in your midst.

1:44 PM  
Blogger MicahGirl said...

Thanks, Lorna.

8:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama - The Blog Directory Who links to me?