Thursday, December 07, 2006

Birthday today

Today is my birthday. And I'm 39. The real 39--the one you hit after 38, not the mythical 39 that people jokingly claim they are.

Today is also the 65th anniversary of Pearl Harbor Day. As a girl I thought that Pearl Harbor Day sounded pretty until I realized the historic carnage associated with it. But I still like sharing such a historic marker with the day of my birth.

I am so grateful today for so many things.

My husband, the love of my life, my biggest fan, and the most gorgeous guy I know. He's also smart, loving, a great father, loves Jesus, fun at a party...you get the picture.

My three amazing children--8, 6 and 4. They are unique and beautiful creations of God. They are my pride and joy.

My health.

The wealth I have been blessed with--a home of our own, plenty of food for my kids, two cars, the freedom to make life-changing decisions about where and when we will move, fresh water that flows from our taps--so, so much that is easy to take for granted.

The desire to create and communicate.

A calling to minister to others, especially college students and young adults.

The yearning in my gut that urges me to push onward, to discover again and again what I was created for, and to learn to follow Jesus in new and fresh ways because I love Him and He reached down to love me. He became one just like me.

Thanks, Lord, for all you have done.

Micah Girl

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

Happy Birthday sweet girl!

9:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

2:55 PM  
Blogger MicahGirl said...

Thanks for the wishes! It's been a fun birthday week...

9:50 AM  
Blogger St. Inuksuk said...

Happy Birthday, late! Hope you celebrated well.
Your birthday is also the day my class got the results of our standard ordination exams in Seminary! Never a day to be forgotten.

11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama - The Blog Directory Who links to me?