Wednesday, February 21, 2007

1st Day of Lent

Lent is one of the wonderful church traditions that has always been around me because I grew up and live in a very Catholic area of the country. Among evangelicals who come from non-liturgical traditions there is a growing emphasis on Lent. Each year I try to keep it in a significant way, but without participating in the other traditions that support it like Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday and Good Friday services, I always feel like a lone ranger. The time I spent in the Episcopal Church while I was in college was so formative to me--it was my first real church home after my conversion--and I do miss it. If my schedule were not so complicated, I would "sneak out" and go to liturgical services whenever I could. I'd love to slip in the back pew and just be alone with God and the Book of Common Prayer. Isn't that a strange fantasy?

Micah Girl

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama - The Blog Directory Who links to me?