Friday, February 23, 2007

Friday Five: Companions on the Way

I haven't done a Friday 5 in a while--but here's one!

5 Companions for the Lenten Journey

1. Brother Lawrence--so that I can learn better to practice the presence of God.
2. Hannah Whitall Smith--so that I can learn the simplicity of a happy and thankful heart.
3. Mother Teresa--so that I can learn to pour myself out for Jesus.
4. Anne Morrow Lindbergh--so that I can steal away and meditate by myself.
5. A deeply funny and wise friend with whom I can laugh and tell the truth.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Ah, I like your ideas and the things each would help you to do. Well played!

5:39 PM  
Blogger Iris said...

Oh- I may pull out my Practicing the Presence of God book out for Lent! Mother Teresa is on my list, too. Well played!

5:39 PM  
Blogger Sally said...

Excellent play- I like the way you have thought through how each of these people would guide you.

6:20 AM  
Blogger MicahGirl said...

Thanks, gang!

8:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brother Lawrence is a gem!

9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama - The Blog Directory Who links to me?