Tuesday, November 09, 2004

PhD Fantasy

I recently saw one of my former student missionaries who is now finishing up a Master's Degree and applying to doctoral programs. If I had no other obligations...no husband, no kids, no ministry demands on my time...if I was 24 and single...I could so get lost in the academic world of ideas. I still have this fantasy of going back to get my doctorate when the kids are older and teaching something erudite in an ivory tower somewhere. But the time involved and the likelihood of me actually getting to teach anywhere starting this late in my career are pretty slim, so it will probably remain a fantasy. Like most fantasies I am sure the idea of it is much more romantic than the day-to-day.

I am truly blessed because I am married to the love of my life, have beautiful, amazing children, teach them myself at home, and yet still have college students and young adults in my life whom I love and mentor. I think that my own unique life path is probably much better suited to me than the fantasies I have.

MicahGirl

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama - The Blog Directory Who links to me?