Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Bobbie's Blogging Garden



Bobbie of Emerging Sideways has invited bloggers to imagine a flower metaphor to describe themselves. Since the rains have started here and (please God!) the snow are melting away, I am eager for the mud-licious yard to dry and ready itself for planting and gardening. I am fantasizing about an all red garden...red tomatoes, red strawberries, red peppers and red hollyhocks. It may not be the delight of a garden designer, but the passion of the sweep of the color, the sweetness of the fruit, all framed by the tall beauty of the mid red hollyhock seem to me an oasis of spring after a long, hard winter.

A hollyhock is a constant, old-fashioned flower used to accent the beauty of the rest of the garden...understated, elegant, strong and hardy. It's ever present in cottage gardens which appear free and chaotic but have a rhyme and reason of their own and make me think of a long afternoon of working the soil finished with a proper pot of tea.

So I am a hollyhock, steady, familiar and strong, passionate and ever reaching new heights.

Or so I imagine...

Micah Girl

1 Comments:

Blogger bobbie said...

oh micah girl! that is beautiful, i'm posting my links today! elegant, strong and understated - it helps me get to know you a bit better too - thank you!

11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama - The Blog Directory Who links to me?