Saturday, January 06, 2007

New Year, Renewing Routines

Trying to get back into the swing--a bit of a holiday hangover (and not the alcohol-induced kind!) It's hard to get back into routines when I am on break from work, we have been holidaying with the kids and need to get back to schoolwork, I need to get back into regular fitness routines, and I want to catch up on all the visioning I need to do personally and professionally.

Or I could just have another cup of coffee and put the wash in the dryer...

The day to day versus the long-term. The urgent versus the important. The balancing act of life, ministry, homeschooling and learning to live a creative life...

What a blessing to have so many options. In another situation, I might have to get up early in the morning to go to a minimum wage job that I hate and send my kids off to be cared for and taught by others. I might have a husband I didn't like or a house that was in a dangerous part of town. I might have health issues or a deep addiction to shopping. Instead I have the challenges of juggling my blessings. Time to stop whining.

Micah Girl


Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

You make a VERY good point! Isn't it so sweet that we have the lives that we have?

10:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post!!! Thanks for the needed reminder!

9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama - The Blog Directory Who links to me?