Friday, December 15, 2006

Quite a week

This week has been filled with highs and lows. It started with a birthday party for my daughter that was attended by her friends and and their families and some of my extended family. We were packed into our house and everyone had a wonderful time.

Sunday night I get a call in the middle of the night from my sister that my dad is in the hospital. He had been at the party and in good spirits.

The next day we go down to my parents' house so that I can be with mom and dad at the hospital and we get him discharged and make plans to help move my parents from the second floor of their home to the first floor.

We come back home, I get the kids to various homeschool events, and get back into my routine here.

My dad received a diagnosis yesterday of Parkinson's Disease--which is a relief so that we know what we are fighting now.

Today we go to a play with 37 other homeschoolers that I organized, I go grocery shopping for a guys' breakfast my husband is holding and a lunch we are having after church on Sunday, and need to get the kids home in time for music lessons.

Still haven't gotten around to Christmas presents. In addition to whatever we give I usually bake up a storm and haven't gotten to those preparations yet.

Through it all, God has been so good, my husband has been my number one support and a practical voice of wisdom, and my kids have trooped on with little complaint.

It's been quite a week!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sorry about your dad. I have ageing parents (and one ageing step-father), and it pains me to watch them get older, and to love them through these years.

May God bless those those who try to care for their parents.

12:01 AM  
Blogger MicahGirl said...

Thanks, Steve

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama - The Blog Directory Who links to me?