Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Christmas funk

I'm in a funk. I have bursts of energy and holiday cheer and then I sink into dark clouds of sadness.

I am on break from work and am busy inventing a new routine so that I can get all the holiday stuff done and also connect with my family.

I long for some moments of spiritual retreat, but think that I will have to steal those until after Christmas when perhaps I can actually rest some.

I am holding onto a few promises this morning:

I will praise you, O LORD, with all my heart;
before the "gods" I will sing your praise.

I will bow down toward your holy temple
and will praise your name
for your love and your faithfulness,
for you have exalted above all things
your name and your word.

When I called, you answered me;
you made me bold and stouthearted. --Ps. 138: 1-3


The LORD will fulfill his purpose for me; (!!!!)
your love, O LORD, endures forever—
do not abandon the works of your hands. --Ps. 138:8


Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?

If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.

If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
if I settle on the far side of the sea,

even there your hand will guide me,
your right hand will hold me fast.

If I say, "Surely the darkness will hide me
and the light become night around me,"

even the darkness will not be dark to you;
the night will shine like the day,
for darkness is as light to you. --Ps. 139:7-12

Micah Girl, the bold and stouthearted one (Ps. 138:3)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama - The Blog Directory Who links to me?