Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Merry Christmas

Christmas is a very emotional time. Family is wonderful--but stressful. Different expectations about the holiday are hard to juggle. My parents are going through quite a bit of stress right now with my father's recent Parkinson's diagnosis and trying to move their lives from their 2nd floor apartment to the first. I will be returning to their house as often as I can to help them de-clutter and clean.

My husband and I are going away for our 10th anniversary next week--and we are taking our three kids. We'll stay somewhere in a suite and take the kids to the hotel pool and let them watch cartoons (a rare treat) while we enjoy relaxing. I feel like I've always been married and yet I can remember the very first weekend I noticed my one and only across the room. He was wearing jeans and a big blue down ski jacket and had such a handsome face. When he began to pursue me I was flattered and flustered. It doesn't take much for me to remember that feeling...

And we also are making plans to visit Lexington, Kentucky in May. We are inviting our in-laws who live in pricey Southern CA to come with us to check it out, too. Wouldn't it be amazing if we could all move out at the same time?

So many things swirling in my head. But deep in my heart is the peace that passes understanding and for that I am grateful.

Micah Girl

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Perhaps Merry Christmas is not the wording to use for you, but I think of it for you.

Prayers for all the stress you are going through with family.

Thinking of you as you also pursue your interest in Lexington. beautiful area of Ky.

Thanks for you thoughts and comments at my blog. And thanks for your posts. Thanks for being a revgalblogpal

10:11 AM  
Blogger Gary Wood said...

I will be praying for your father and all of your family. I appreciate your blog so much . Happy New year MichahGirl!!!

4:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on your anniversary!

12:54 AM  
Blogger MicahGirl said...

Thanks to my faithful commenters!

Happy New Year.

12:56 PM  
Blogger Manno said...

Funny blog!!! Merry christmas and a happy new year!!!

6:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama - The Blog Directory Who links to me?