Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Shepherd

Jesus is our Shepherd. The Good Shepherd. The keeper of our souls. The familiar voice to follow. The one who leads us to good pasture. These have become Christian cliches in so many ways--yet they are true. To really meditate on who our Shepherd is and on the abundant life He offers is more than just a watercolor devotional. The reality is gritty and mundane and gracious. Much more powerful than we realize...

I found this poem today...

The Good Shepherd
by Mary Van Nattan

Psalm 23:1 The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures:
he leadeth me beside the still waters.

A silent pool, a deep refreshing draught,
The purest water from the purest Rock -
These shall be yours,
Oh, thirsty flock of Jesus.

A pasture green of richest grass so rare,
That all abide in satisfaction there -
This shall be thine,
Oh, hungering sheep of Jesus.

A quiet resting place, a cool retreat,
A shield and shadow from the burning heat -
These shall be yours,
Oh, weary flock of Jesus.

A strong Deliverer, a faithful Guide,
A tower of refuge, a wall on every side -
These shall be thine,
Oh, fearful sheep of Jesus.

A Shepherd kind, a Friend forever true,
A gentle touch, a comforting word to you -
These shall be yours,
Oh, suffering flock of Jesus.

A warm embrace, a folding safe within,
A place called home, sweet fellowship and kin -
These shall be thine,
Oh, lonely sheep of Jesus.

John 10:11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep...
14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama - The Blog Directory Who links to me?