Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Biopsy scheduled

So yesterday I went for my 2nd mammogram. The technician squeezed me into several uncomfortable positions (although she was gentler than the first tech I had). There were two spots they were concerned about. One seemed to compress properly and not be problematic. The other one would not. The doctor read the films and called me in for an ultrasound. The ultrasound could not pick up the trouble spot because of the dense breast tissue which I just KNEW would be a problem. So she has scheduled me for a biopsy. When I found out, tears began streaming down my face. It took the doctor aback. I was shaken more than I expected. I understand that statistics are in my favor, that the biopsy is minimally invasive, that it's better to be safe than sorry. However, my emotions really got the best of me. I'm not so scared today, although I really didn't sleep much last night. The biopsy is in a little over two weeks which will be after my children have started school. Only my husband and one of my girlfriends knows. I've told no one else. It's too long a period of time to wait with uncertainty and having lots of people on alert. I don't know--I'll probably tell some people before the biopsy. I'm hoping it will be a non-issue. I'm trusting that God's got my life in his hands. I'm scared, but I'll make it.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

MicahGirl,
Prayers are with you. I have had 3 lumpectomies and a biopsy. The doc took a long needle and hit the lump. I was fortunate in all was benign. I found the biopsy a bit painful afterward.
Take it one step at a time - it could all be nothing or something.
We trust God either way.

11:11 AM  
Blogger MicahGirl said...

Thanks for your prayers. The waiting is the hardest part, but God is teaching me more about trust.

2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama - The Blog Directory Who links to me?